Derivatives are known to be among the most powerful financial instruments. The Indian equity derivatives market has seen tremendous growth since the year 2000 when equity derivatives were introduced in India. This module has been prepared with a view to equip candidates with basic but essential information and concepts regarding the equity derivatives markets. It provides insights into different types of equity derivatives, their trading, clearing and settlement.
Why should one take this course?
- To learn the basics of the derivatives market
- To understand the use of derivative products in speculating, hedging and arbitraging
- To learn the trading, clearing, settlement and risk management in equity derivatives
Who will benefit from this course?
- Stock Brokers and Sub-Brokers dealing in derivatives
- Custodians and Employees of Mutual funds
- Individual investors as well as High Net Worth Individuals (HNIs)
- Portfolio Managers
- Financial Institutions
- Anybody having interest in the Stock market operations
- Introduction to derivatives
- Market Index
- Introduction and application of futures and options
- Clearing and Settlement